“Haven’t you done everything yet?” people ask when they learn we are returning to Walt Disney World for the 12th time as a family and embarking on our 6th Disney Cruise. Our answer, NO! We haven’t done everything yet. And, part of planning a trip—the fun as well as challenging—is balancing the favorite and familiar with new experiences. It is this balance that makes returning even more exciting.
So, with that, I’ll share the new experiences we have planned for our upcoming vacation:
- Dining at Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion at EPCOT. We continue on our quest to “eat around the World”—World Showcase that is and this will be our first time dining in Italy. Only Mexico is left!
- FastPass+. This will be our first time using and navigating FastPass+. Just when we thought we had FastPass figured out, even with the enforcement of return times, Disney goes and changes the system. I am excited to give it a try.
- MagicBands. Ours are packed and ready (we won’t need them until we get off the ship). I already know that I will have a hard time taking it off when we get home. Do I have to?
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster. Enough said!
- All the FROZEN inspired opportunities. While we don’t have these specifically put into our plan, I have a feeling we will at least see the fireworks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Experiencing the champagne brunch at Remy on the Disney Fantasy. The husband and I will surely enjoy this decadent experience.
- The Rainforest Room on the Disney Fantasy. Our one-day passes will allow us to experience and explore. Just get me to the heated benches overlooking the ocean so my body can melt.
- The Disney Fantasy! This is our first time onboard this particular Disney ship and we are looking forward to exploring.
- Pirates League on the Disney Fantasy. The boy has a reservation for a First Mate Make-over on Pirate Night. What a treat!
- Universal’s Express Plus and Photo Connect. While we have been to Universal Orlando before, this will be our first time using the Express Plus Pass as well as Photo Connect. Curious to see how these work out for us.
There you have it—our list of new experiences planned for our trip. And, there may be new experiences that aren’t planned as we stay open to the magic that is Disney.
Tomorrow—the list of familiar favorites!