A fellow Disney traveler asked out what we take with us on our Disney vacations. In addition to a Park Bag and a "MacGyver Bag", we also have a traveling medicine cabinet. The list below contains many items, but not all of them are packed together in a luxurious gallon size ziploc bag, some are in a toiletry kit that is in the checked luggage and some are in our quart-size bag of liquids that is in our carry-on. I also want to note that there are many of these items available for purchase at Walt Disney World Resort gift shops, it just may not be the brand, size, you want/need and it may be expensive.
For prevention and/or care of various maladies, check out the list below:
- Ibuprofen (in my purse, too.)
- Ibuprofen PM
- Allergy/decongestant tablets
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Antacid Tablets
- Naproxen (I take 2 daily)
- Motion sickness tablets
- Vicks Vapor Rub
- Cough drops
You would be amazed what the items below can cure! Upon arrival, these items get transferred to either my purse or the park touring bag. I remember bandaging the boy after he fell and cut his forehead while we were waiting for a cruise port adventure.
- Triple-antibiotic ointment (this is in the quart size bag in carry-on)
- Hydro-cortisone cream (also in carry-on)
- Moleskin (either already cut into appropriate size pieces of with scissors for cutting--scissors need to be in checked luggage)
Well, the Epsom Salts are great for putting in warm water and soaking sore feet as well as other ailments. I also pack any needed menstrual supplies and a Good Nights bed mat that sticks to the mattress/sheets that you can find in the diaper/pull-up aisle.
- Thermacare menstrual cramp heat pads
- Epsom Salts (put some in an empty plastic container, like butter/sour cream)
Since we typically travel to a warm, tropical climate:
- Aloe/after sun cream
And, the requirements!
- Prescription Medicines (We/I forgot one of the husband's prescription medicines and we learned about Turner Drug that delivers to Walt Disney World Resorts.)
For a treat for the feet:
- Peppermint Foot Cream
- Fuzzy socks
We've heard that some guests appreciate bringing some sort of anti-chafing cream/powder, foot fungus cream, and any other creams for frequent rashes.
Here's our "Must Pack" list.