Old favorites? No. Let’s call them tried and true favorites; experiences that have become like traditions when our family travels with Disney.
Here’s our list of tried and true favorites that are on our “agenda” for our upcoming summer vacation that includes a Disney cruise and a visit to Walt Disney World:
- Toy Story Midway Mania. Hands down, this is our family’s favorite attraction. Located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this 4D interactive (dare I say competitive) ride is a “must do.” We plan to ride twice. Once by going through the stand-by queue right after rope drop—which is the only way to see the talking Mr. Potato Head—and again, right after, with FastPass+.
- Goin’ down Splash Mountain. Again, a family favorite at the Magic Kingdom. One of the longest rides in all of Walt Disney World—Kilimanjaro Safari is almost double the length—with the great drop. First time riders just have to guess when the big one is coming! We have a FastPass+ scheduled for this attraction.
- Downtown Disney. Even though it is under construction, our family enjoys the slower paced ambiance that does not require a park ticket. Shopping and dining are tops on our list here.
- Dining at Rose & Crown in the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT. I must admit that dining here is a part of a lazy strategy to eat and watch Illuminations while sitting down.
- Dining at Ohana’s. Endless, giant skewers of grilled steak and shrimp delivered right to your plate. Why not? For me, it’s the salad and the dumplings.
- Test Track and Soarin’ attractions at EPCOT are also on our “must do” list. The plan is to ride Test Track after rope drop and we have a FastPass+ for Soarin’.
There you have it. Our list of tried and true favorites. It is hard to cap the list as there are many other dining locations that are favorites and we aren’t getting to this trip, like Teppan Edo, Chef Mickey’s, or Crystal Palace. Guess that’s a reason to plan another trip!