Sunday, March 27, 2011
In Need of a Disney Fix!
As the husband’s birthday approaches—it’s tomorrow—I find that I am need of a Disney fix. You see, for the past few years, we have been traveling on or before the husband’s birthday during Spring Break.
One year, we took our first Disney Cruise to celebrate the husband’s 40th birthday. We didn’t exactly sail on the date of his birthday, but we were within a few days, so it counted as a birthday celebration.
Another year, we tried out Universal for our first non-Disney theme park vacation—click here to read more. Since Easter fell within our travel times, we decided that Disney might be a bit too crowded for us and opted to stay off property and take in other Orlando attractions—Universal, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, and Aquatica.
For the past two years, we have spent the husband’s birthday celebrating at Walt Disney World during spring break. One year, we got in on the special birthday offering of either a gift card or birthday Fastpasses for you and members of your party. We had an awesome day at Hollywood Studios using the birthday Fastpasses! We topped off the day with a trip to Hoop Dee Doo Review—click here to read more—where the husband was selected from the audience to be the star of the show.
Click here to read how we celebrated the husband's birthday at Disney.
See. The husband’s birthday has become somewhat synonymous with travel, especially Disney travel.
But this year, no week long spring break. Just an extra long week-end over Easter and that isn’t until the end of April. Our next Disney trip is over 100 days away!
So, what does one do when they are in need of a Disney fix? Here are some things I have been trying:
• Listening to Disney music—CD or Sorcerer Radio. We have several Disney CD’s ranging from music from the parks and attractions to sound tracks or compilations.
• Looking at pictures, photo books, and photo albums from previous trips. Ah, we remember that!
• Planning future trips. But, we are at a standstill right now. Our next trip is pretty much planned and since we have no idea of school breaks yet for 2011-2012 or cruise itineraries, we are in a holding pattern. Dreaming—yes! Planning—not at the moment.
• Writing about past trips. Yep, writing the blog helps.
• Lurking around the boards—disboards, and PassPorter boards to read about others’ Disney adventures. Living vicariously! And, it’s soothing to know there are others “out there” that appreciate what Disney has to offer.
• Talking about Disney. OK, this tip is a bit scary, as eventually friends and family get a bit tired of hearing about/talking about Disney. If that is the case, see previous bullet item.
I’m off to frost a birthday cake. If we were in Disney there would be birthday cupcakes galore, cast members singing “Happy Birthday”, or an entire stadium of guests at Indiana Jones telling him “Happy Birthday”! Only at Disney!