I am shamelessly going to endorse a service that I have now grown to. . . appreciate. That service being ebates.
Ebates is an on-line service that offers discounts and cash back percentages for on-line purchases. Registering on-line at ebates.com is free and easy. Only an e-mail address is required for registering. Depending on how you want your “cash back” a physical address may be needed.
I regretted not using ebates after making our last matching shirts purchase (click here to read more). I checked the extensive list of stores after I had finalized the purchase, only to discover that Zazzle.com was an ebates store! I could have saved even more!
OK, so here’s how it works. . .
1. Register with ebates by following the directions for registering at ebates.com.
2. When you’re ready to make an on-line purchase, check the extensive list of stores for your favorites. I have already used ebay, Wal-Mart, and Bath and Body Works.
3. When you find your store on the list, click on the store name to discover a list of possible discounts or coupon codes, along with the percent of cash back for that store.
4. Click on the coupon code (if applicable) that you want to use or just click on the shop. A new window will open with a ticket number and then the on-line store will appear in that window.
5. Make your purchase as usual.
6. Check your e-mail for a confirmation from ebates that they have a record of your purchase—this can take 24-72 hours.
7. Go to ebates.com and click on “My ebates” after logging into your account and see your cash back bonuses!
Right now, I have over $5.00 in cash back bonuses, and while that doesn’t sound like much, it added up fast after a few small purchases—each in the $40 range. Payments for the cash back bonuses are offered every few months. The next one for me is mid-May.
My purchase was secure via the on-line store as well as how I chose to pay for my on-line purchase.
So, I had extra savings on my purchases via the special coupon codes at ebates.com, such as percents off, or dollars off, or free items, or free shipping. I had a percent back as a cash back bonus. And, I got the same great stuff and service that I would have gotten had I made the on-line purchase without using ebates. I see this as win-win-win!
When we go to buy Disney trading pins on e-bay (you knew I would get Disney in there somewhere!), I will go to ebates first. Easy peasy!