Ever since TSA has implemented regulations about liquids in carry-on luggage, I have adjusted my strategy for packing. Since I previously wrote about what’s in our carry-on luggage (click here to read more), I thought I would let you know what is packed in our quart sized bag that will be in my over the shoulder (personal item) bag.
Here’s the list:
- Emery board—I take an old one that can be thrown away.
- Lip balm with SPF 45.
- Tinted lip gloss—this is part of my daily make-up routine.
- Kids 30 SPF sunscreen in a stick. 3 of these are in the bag.
- Tube of mascara—again, part of my daily make-up routine.
- Tide stick—2 of these are in the bag.
- Eyebrow brush.
- Tweezers and nail clippers.
- Travel sized contact solution.
- Spare contacts.
- Tube of triple antibiotic ointment.
- Travel size hand lotion.
- Tube of Daily Defense Anti-Oxidant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 by Patricia Wexler—this is also part of my daily make-up routine which is all I use except for mascara and lip gloss. I’m very low maintenance when it comes to make-up and I love this all in one product that I use year round.
Some alternatives might include a travel size hand cleanser, but we use wipes and those don’t need to be in the quart size bag.
While our travel party is a party of 3, we technically could have 3 quart size bags, but we can get by on 1. When the boy needed liquid medication, it was in a bag by itself.
Other items, like hair products, deodorant, toothpaste, etc. are packed in our checked bags.
What’s in your quart size bag?