Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Williams Family: "How Are You Going To Get That Cheaper?"


"How are you going to get that cheaper?" asked the cashier at the grocery store as I held two dozen eggs that were on sale for less than $1 each.  The question was rhetorical and a jab at my savings record.  She was the same cashier that watched a few days prior as my $100 grocery total went to $60 in a flash due to sales and coupons. At one time I taught a coupon class.  

Now, I'm more about clicking than clipping to find savings.  A recent example is the savings to be had on our personalized t-shirt purchase from Zazzle.  


The initial savings came from a discount code on the Zazzle website, and I knew about the code due to an email alert.  If using Zazzle is of interest for you, sign up for their emails.  Also, you can save your design anytime, then add to the cart for purchase when discount codes are offered.


Before any online shopping, I go to Raketun (formerly Ebates) first and searched for Zazzle.  Voila, there was 5% cash back on Raketun.  I pushed the "shop now" button which took me directly to the Zazzle website and my cart was waiting. 


Raketun pays out in "Big Fat Checks" 4 times of year if your quarterly cash back earnings are over $5.  Otherwise, the cash adds up until the next payout.  The percentages for cash back vary from day to day and store-to-store.  If you are new to Raketun, there are great offers to get you started!

For online purchases, I use our Disney Visa.  For this particular purchase, there was a special offer for Zazzle, that I activated prior to purchase.  10% back as a credit on the Visa balance.  There were 15 different offers that I could activate for the account, but this offer was one I knew I would use.  The  special offers have expirations so be sure to check if they are still active or new offers need to be selected.


In addition to the percentage back on the Visa, I earned Disney Rewards, that translate into Disney Reward Dollars. The Zazzle t-shirt purchase was a 1% back in Disney Rewards.

And, if your email is attached to the Reciept Hog app, you can earn coins/spins.  Whoa!  Saving Receipt Hog for another time.

There you have it.  New matching shirts for the family for upcoming Disney Cruise and at a savings!

This savings thing isn't new for us!

While this post is about Ebates, Raketun works the same.  Ebates-- Get Money Back When You Shop On-Line






No comments:

Post a Comment