The other day, the boy tipped his hand and indicated that out of all of our upcoming trips, he is most looking forward to Legoland. That got me thinking. . . What am I most looking forward to?
Being the planner, this question is a hard one for me. My role is to find out what the rest of my traveling party wants and plan accordingly, throwing in a few surprises here and there—like last summer when the husband and the boy had no idea about the FROZEN Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I didn’t tell them and instead, snuck in visits to what were some of our favorite parts of our vacation.
Okay, back to the question. To answer requires a top 10. Here are the top 10 things (in no particular order) I am looking forward to from all of our vacations happening this year including Disneyland, Legoland, Walt Disney World, and a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy:
1. A non-stop, direct flight to L.A. No connections, no traversing an airport to find the gate for the connecting flight. Even after studying airport maps on the back pages of the airline magazines in the pocket in front of me, I still do not like the disorienting feeling of emerging from the jetway and figuring out which way to turn to find flights displayed on the screen, the nearest bathroom, and which way to go to get to the next gate. (I have found following the people in front of me and asking airline staff has been helpful.)
2. The parks being a hop, skip, and jump from our resorts at Disneyland. I know it is really more than that, but comparing to the proximity of resorts to the them parks at Walt Disney World, I know it will seem that way.
3. Being at Disneyland for its 60th Anniversary Celebration. We didn’t know this when we originally planned our trip, so all the special activities are a bonus!
4. Walt Disney World decorated for the holidays. I am especially missing the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. If I can get into the middle of millions of dancing lights, hear the music, and get some photos taken, our trip will be worth it. Get me to the dancing lights!
5. Castaway Cay!
6. The Legoland Hotel—the amenities, entertainment, bunk bed set up, and free breakfast are a big draw.
7. Legoland Water park. I find myself looking more forward to the water park than the theme park. We’ll see which one I like more. . .
8. Photos! Of all of it!
9. Hearing “Welcome aboard, the Williams Family!” I never get tired of hearing that!
10. Spending time with my family—fellow adventurers—and making more memories.
Guess I could add an 11th and that is being able to take family vacations to Disneyland, Legoland, Walt Disney World, and a Disney Cruise all in one year!