Deciding where you want to eat six months before you actually get to eat or what theme park to visit on what day of your vacation half a year away can sound ridiculous or preposterous to some guests traveling to the most magical place on earth, the Walt Disney World Resort. For some, planning a trip to Walt Disney World can be overwhelming and therefore procrastination reigns for these reluctant planners.
I know some reluctant planners. I know some reluctant planners who are traveling in 10 days for their first visit and aren’t quite yet ready to prepare for their journey. I have some predictions about what might happen when these folks land in the number one tourist destination in the world.
- They will enjoy their resort—swimming pool, food court, shops.
- They will appreciate Disney transportation.
- They will spend time and money gathering needed items for their trip either just prior or while on vacation as packing hasn’t started yet.
- The Quick Service Dining plan will be just the fit—as no Advanced Dining Reservations are needed. This also means no character dining.
- EPCOT may not be their favorite park as rides and attractions are a little more hidden in this park and if you don’t know what is there, it is more difficult to find.
- There will be moments when they are overwhelmed. . . by the crowd, the enormity, the decisions. . . and will return to their enjoyable resort.
- They will not return. . . or at least not for a very long time. The trip will be enjoyable enough and will be checked off the “to do” list, but they may not “get” the magic that is Disney.
I am excited for them and their first, and possible only, trip to Walt Disney World. My, dare I say expertise, is but a phone call away for these reluctant planners.
Do you know any reluctant planners? Are you a reluctant planner?