Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Planning Paradise Mail



Disney Cruise Line’s private island Castaway Cay is paradise!  The well themed island, located in the Bahamas, is a stop on most DCL itineraries.  We have been to Castaway Cay four times and plan on two more visits during our upcoming “double dip” 5 night cruise.

During a stop at Castaway Cay, I am planning on using the post office on the island.  No, not to ship purchases home or pay bills, but to mail a bit of paradise to our friends and family. 

Here’s my plan:  I used the image above on some custom invitations through VistaPrint.com.  (the post cards were too expensive and started in groups of 100)  I was able to put our names and a greeting on the back and had 20 of them sent to us with envelopes. 

We will then address each of the cards before leaving home, attach the return labels I had made for free at Walgreens.com, and then take them to the post office at Castaway Cay for a Bahamas’ post mark.

Then, I will check the Personal Navigator for times the post office is open on Castaway Cay and use cash to pay for postage. 

While we have been near the post office on Castaway Cay (it is often a character meet and greet location when not open) we have yet to use it for mail.

When I told the husband the plan, he just had a blank stare and said, “Okay.”  Little does he know that I plan on mailing one to our house, too.  Hoping for a little bit of paradise to find its way back to us in the middle of a Midwestern winter!

1 comment:

  1. I must say, I've never been much one for mailing postcards. I always feel like I'd be saying 'look where I am and your not!' If I mailed one haha, I do know some love receiving them though.

    ReplyDelete