Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Reflections



 Being a forty-eight year old mom of an eleven year old boy, makes for some interesting moments.  You can do the math and figure out how old I was when the boy was an infant and the same math will also tell you that retirement for me and college for him will hit at the same time--a little joke life is looking forward to playing on us both.

When people hear my age at work, they are usually surprised.  This is either a giant compliment to my genes and skin care routine or confusion about how could I be that old and have an eleven year old son.  I work with someone who is older than I am and has a child the same age as mine and another child two years younger, so it isn't unusual to be an older mother.  I also work with someone two years older than I am who just became a grandmother.  It makes me think about my mom at my age--she would have had two kids--26 and 23 years old, but no grandchildren.  Yet, my husband's mom was 40 when she had him, so when she was my age she would have had an eight year old!

It's funny to consider all of it. . . the ages and life stages of family, friends, and co-workers.  In the meantime, I'm happy to be a mom of such a great boy and appreciate the teamwork the husband provides in raising our son and taking care of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment