The very first stop on our very first day of our most recent Walt Disney World trip was the newly re-imagined Test Track. We were excited to see the changes of one of our favorite attractions.
The queue weaves guests around futuristic models of vehicles. Get your cameras ready!
The first time we designed and rode the car, our design did not register during the simulation. It could have been us and it could have been Test Track. Needless to say, we asked about it when we exited the ride and were put back on the ride to try it again, still with varying results. When we returned to EPCOT and rode Test Track later in our vacation, the outcome was better. We look forward to trying it again during our next vacation.
The ride through portion in terms of the track or path is the same. What is different is the story and the design elements. Frankly, I missed the trees, the brake signs, the truck coming at us. The blinking lights did not make the story for me. I told the husband that we aren't the target demographic for this attraction.
Another portion of the attraction that has changed is the exit area. Now, this is the part I enjoyed. There was even more opportunities to utilize the car you designed for other things, such as viewing it in a commercial--with you!
Hints and tips for getting the most out the newly re-imagined Test Track:
- Experience the Stand-by queue at least once. We go to Test Track first when the park opens for minimal wait times. Otherwise, use FastPass +.
- Practice designing on the practice screens before the Design Studio to get a feel for the touch screens.
- Make designing the car a family affair.
- Enjoy the ride!
- Plan to spend time on the after attraction area as it is worth it.
- Make sure to scan your MagicBand and have the ride photo added to your Memory Maker account.