Friday, November 19, 2010
Highlights of Most Magical Moments of Our 7th Trip to Walt Disney World
Returning from a Walt Disney World vacation can be a lot of work. . . unpacking, distributing gifts, laundry, reading newspapers, catching up on sleep, and editing photos—both your own and Photopass. So, I’m taking a break from editing Photopass photos to share the highlights of the most magical moments of our 7th trip to Walt Disney World. Here they are:
• The boy’s stroll for coffee. (This one is hilarious—more later.)
• Riding Splash Mountain twice in a row (Fastpass!), walking by the same people in line, and getting completely soaked! Then being able to purchase both photos side by side as 5 X 7’s!
• The boy wanting to ride Haunted Mansion, consoling another guest while in the line, and then covering his ears the entire time in the Doomobile.
• Topping the husband’s score in Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania—he had the high score the first time!
• The boy riding Goofy’s Barnstormer by himself, including navigating the queue. He is growing up!
• Fireworks photos!
• Watching the boy in Germany at the train garden almost talk his way into the garden to fix the broken trolley.
• Trying out two new restaurants, ordering authentic food, and having the boy try bites and ask for more. The husband would categorize this as “taking” more.
• Test Track and Soarin’!
• Snow on Main Street, U.S.A.
• Birthday cupcakes.
• Visiting with other families.
• Spending time together as family and creating memories.
There are more magical moments than not so magical—another reason we keep going back. I was reading Mouseplanet yesterday and several readers had written about how grateful they were that Walt sat on the bench in the park watching his girls ride a carousel so many years ago and dreamed of a place where families could play together. That article resonated with me. I, too, am grateful that Walt dreamed big and made his dreams come true!