Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Williams Family: My "Belle" Day in the Walt Disney World Parks



When the husband and I were daydreaming about living with Walt Disney World in our backyard, we talked about themed park visit days.  I planned and enjoyed a day playing in the parks centered around my favorite Disney Princess, Belle.

Belle is my favorite Disney Princess because she loves to read, can see the person inside the Beast and Gaston, is brave, and of course, her yellow (my favorite color!) ball gown.  The color scheme helped me with my wardrobe selection for the day.


I mapped out my day--Hollywood Studios for Beauty and the Beast--Live on Stage with the first show at 11:00 am. It is helpful to know showtimes in advance which can be found on the MyDisneyExperience app or Walt Disney World website.



A boat ride from Hollywood Studios to EPCOT put me right where I wanted to be--France for Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.  This is a continuously running show so I wasn't as worried about the timing. The animation reminded me of Mickey's Philharmagic and the star of this version of the story is LeFou, Gaston's sidekick. No photography or video allowed in the Sing-Along.

The next step was a timing mistake on my part--meeting Belle in EPCOT.  As I walked to the queue, she was greeting her last family and would not return for an hour. I walked on and rode the Friendship Launch from Morocco to Canada and stopped for a tasty lunch at Bramblewood Bites, an outdoor kitchen for Food and Wine Festival.  

I ventured through World Celebration, through the park exit, and up to the Monorail Station for a highway in the sky ride from EPCOT to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) with a transfer to the Express Monorail to Magic Kingdom. 


Arrived just in time to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade, with my gal Belle, at the front of the leading parade float!

Off to Fantasyland for Enchanted Tales with Belle.  The queue said 30 minutes, but the actual wait time was more like 45 minutes, plus the time to enjoy the attraction. Yes, I have experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle before, but the enchanted mirror in Maurice's workshop still blows me away!  I was chosen to play a knight for Belle's surprise!


As I walked out of Fantasyland, giddy from my time with Belle, I spied no line at Sir Mickey's Portrait Studio.  As I explained my themed day to the Photopass Photographer, we agreed on some playful photos featuring Beauty and the Beast inspired props.



One more stop on my Belle themed park day--Enchanted Rose, a Lounge, at the Grand Floridan, just a Resort Monorail ride away. The lounge has a light fixture that is inspired by Belle's dress.  (The same fixture is in Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera Resort, but I set that out of my mind and focused on Belle.) 


With my themed day complete, I rode a bus from the Grand Floridian to Hollywood Studios to the car.

Thinking about your own themed park tour? Consider your theme--the husband has one percolating. Know which shows, attractions, restaurants, etc. may fit with your theme.  I typed in Belle and Beauty and the Beast in the search function of the Walt Disney World website to help my plan. Plan for transportation if your themed day takes you to more than one location.  I enjoy the convenience of Walt Disney World transportation options--busses, boats, monorails, Skyliner.  And, make sure your theme park ticket allows for Park Hopping, if your themed day takes you to more than one Walt Disney World theme park.

Would I do this again? Definitely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment