|Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay|
On our 8th Disney Cruise, we sailed on the Disney Dream's 5-night "double dip" Bahamian itinerary that included two stops at Castaway Cay. Just click on this link to read about our first day on Castaway Cay.
Now that the boy is a teenager, he can participate in the teen club on the ship, Vibe. Teens who are a part of Vibe can participate in the teen's only excursion on Castaway Cay that includes a speed boat ride, snorkeling, bicycle riding, and lunch--click here to read more about the Wild Side Teen Adventure. The boy wanted to go so we signed the release, added the price for the excursion to our ship board account, and dropped him off with his Key To The World card at Vibe that morning after having breakfast together and the husband and I exited the ship and headed straight for Serenity Bay, the adult's only beach at Castaway Cay.
|Smiling at Serenity Bay!|
|Ice cream machines! Four flavors! Desserts are to the left.|
After a couple of lovely hours on Serenity Bay, it was time for lunch. There are three locations on Castaway Cay that serve lunch. Two near the family beaches, Cookies and Cookies, Too. At Serenity Bay, the same food is served at Serenity Bay BBQ which also neighbors the Castaway Air Bar.
|This bird was nearby during lunch.|
|Olaf on Castaway Cay!|
|The boy after his teen's only excursion. The cup is one we brought from|
home via Dollar Tree that he filled with ice and water.
- Get up and out early! No sleeping in on Castaway Cay day!
- Take a look at the map of the island left in your stateroom the night before or research the island online so you have an idea of the layout.
- Prioritize what you want to get out of the day. A relaxing day on the beach? An active day of snorkeling? Fishing? Character meet and greet?
- Know that there are kids clubs on the island, just like on the ship. Hours are in the Personal Navigator and be sure to pick up your child(ren) before the clubs close on the island.
- A waterproof camera is helpful.
- A waterproof watch is also helpful.
- Sunglasses, hats, visors, and sunscreen!
- Be sure to drink plenty of water. You can purchase water on the island or on the ship and bring it with you. We bring big cups with lids of ice with us off the ship in our bag.
- Rinse the sand and salt off before heading back to the ship either at the outdoor showers near the restrooms or at the showers located near the ship's gangplank.
- Bring cash for tips for excursions.
- Have your Key to The World Card and photo ID for anyone over 18.