Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Monday, January 3, 2011

Disney Woe To Disney Wow--Part 2


This is part 2 in the Disney Woe to Disney Wow series. To read the first installment—click here.




Ok, you’re back. So, here we were waiting with the pager in hand at ‘OHANA after being late for our ADR and waiting the prescribed 20 minutes before Aimee could tell us how long the wait for a table would be.



When I finally approached the check-in desk it was 7:45 pm. I gave them a few extra moments. I asked Aimee how long the wait would be. She still wasn’t able to give me a straight answer. Frustrating! Then collared shirt Ben stepped in. Well, I’m assuming he was some sort of management, as he wasn’t wearing the typical ‘OHANA uniform. Ben, talking to Aimee and not me, asked what the wait time was for walk-ins. She told him 3 hours. He then turned to me and said the wait would be 3 hours. Holy Cow!



I explained the situation to Ben. . . late for ADR, Hollywood Studios, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, wheelchairs on bus, backed up traffic, etc. I explained that I had an 8 year old child and we couldn’t wait 3 hours to eat dinner. It was late already, being that it was almost 8:00 pm. Ben explained that since we were late we were being treated like a walk-in and that we could try neighboring Kona Café if we didn’t want to wait.



That was it. No offer to check for any availability. No offer to see what he could do. Nothing! Not like the Disney service we had come to receive and therefore, expect.



Well, the husband checked with neighboring Kona Café and they were completely booked. So, we handed back our pager while expressing our deepest disappointment with ‘OHANA, took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, and hopped the bus back to Port Orleans Riverside where we dined in the food court.



After dinner I headed to the lobby to ask about quest comment cards or an address where I could direct my dissatisfaction with the events at dinner. The manager, Ed, provided me with a business card with an address and e-mail for Walt Disney World Guest Communication Services. My e-mail would have to wait until we returned home and to a computer.




In the meantime, we ended up trading one of our Disney Dining Plan table service credits for a counter service credit. Not a loss of money, as the Dining Plan was on Disney this trip and we got it for free. It was a loss to not eat at ‘OHANA and it was a loss to experience such a lapse in Disney Service.




Tune in later for the conclusion of Disney Woe to Disney Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment